Migrant Women Help
By using technology and community, we provide information and enable support groups led by women who have navigated the migrant experience, and help other women fully participate and flourish in Aotearoa New Zealand.
Having someone listen who has gone through similar experiences, to offer advice and ideas for current and upcoming challenges, is helpful to navigating life in a new country and adapting well.
We can meet online or face to face in the Wellington City, Johnsonville or Porirua, usually in the afternoon. Get in touch to book your meeting.
- Self directed digital guide: web resource that serves as an entry point to other resources planned and created by migrant women of different ethnic backgrounds.
- Discussion zui: event via video conference where migrant women will share their collective knowledge and experience.
- Sexual & reproductive health zui: event via video conference, where a health professional will deliver a prepared talk on sexual and reproductive health and then take questions.
- Mental health zui: event via video conference, where a mental health professional will deliver a prepared talk and then take questions.
- Job search for migrant women video series: 3 to 4 part video series where a job coach will discuss the job search process and give tips and encouragement.